We Buy Scrap Metal - Aluminum, Brass, Copper & Steel
OK Recycling buys scrap metal from individuals, organizations and companies located in North Texas. Located just 4 miles east of McKinney, Texas on US Highway 380, we buy both ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal. Since 1991, we have been a family owned-family operated business. While we are in business to make a profit, we are also keenly interested in helping the environment. Much energy (natural gas, coal, and oil) is required to create metal. Much less is required by the process of recycling scrap metal. For example, the typical appliance is about 75% steel by weight? Today over 85% of all appliances are recycled in the US. By recycling one ton of steel, 2500 pounds of iron ore, 1400 pounds of coal and 120 ponds of limestone are conserved. It also saves the equivalent energy to power about 18 million households for a year.
Our customers include manufacturers, plumbing, airconditioning, and tooling companies, electricians, as well as individuals interested in helping the environment and groups (churches, schools, scouts, and others) who are looking for evironmentally helpful fund raising projects.
We also work with demolition contractors, deconstruction contractors who are gutting office and manufacturing buildings or apartment building, farm operators replacing silos, barns, etc.
We proudly serve Collin County including the cities of Plano, Richardson, Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Wylie, Princeton, Melissa, Sherman, Denison, Denton, Greenville, and Farmersville.
We pay competitive prices for scrap metal including:
- Engine Blocks (free of liquids)
- #1 HMS Prepared / Unprepared
- Plate and Structural Steel
- E-grade metal (clean tin, corrugated metal)
- Unprepared #1 (pipe & channel)
- Plate and structural (I-beams and H-beams)
- Spent ammunition shells
- Appliances and compressor driven appliances that have had the freon safely removed.
- Lead wheel weights
If you don't see your scrap metal listed, please call and discuss it with us: 972-548-7550.
- Customized programs for any size business with fast and efficient service and prompt payment.
- Roll-off container placement and pick-up at your site for large quantities of scrap metal.
- State certified weights for all loads.
Our purchasing agent will be happy to visit your facility, analyze your scrap program and develop a plan to maximize your scrap cost recovery effort.
Sorry - We do not accept:
- Car bodies
- Residential, commercial and industrial appliances or any other products with polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs).
- Wet or dry capacitors, light ballast and electrical transformers or transformer components that may contain PCBs.
- Asbestos or asbestos containing materials such as pipe or I-Beam insulation, brake shoes or pads, tiles, packing material and debris.
- Gasoline tanks, oil filters of any kind and engine blocks containing free flowing liquids.
- Tanks, vessels and containers of all sizes unless they are certified to be clean.
- Air bag canisters.
- Water reactive metals (i.e., sodium, potassium, and lithium), magnesium metals (capable of independent combustion), and beryllium metals (health hazard).
- Military scrap of any kind unless it is inspected and approved in advance.
- Railroad scrap unless accompanied by the appropriate ownership documentation.
- Live ammunition shells and any explosives or explosive materials.
- Any radioactive materials or containers.
- Universal waste lamps including, but not limited to, fluorescent, high intensity discharge, neon, mercury vapor, high-pressure sodium, and metal halide lamps.
- Waste elemental mercury, including mercury switches.
- Compressed gas cylinders, including propane bottles unless they are cut in half.
- Cables and wires greater than 5 feet in length.
- Oils, other petroleum products and petroleum by-products.
- Any other hazardous materials, hazardous wastes, or universal waste.
- Steel turnings mixed with non-ferrous turnings, cutting liquids; oil, sludge or any other contaminants.
- Wheels with tires mounted on them.
IF UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS ARE NOT REMOVED, THEY AND THE MATERIAL THEY CAME WITH MAY BE REJECTED. IN LIEU OF REJECTION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT OUR DISCRETION, TO PROPERLY REMOVE AND DISPOSE OF THE PROHIBITED ITEMS AT SUPPLIER'S EXPENSE
© Copyright 2006 - OK Scrap & Recycling - McKinney, Texas
Site Design by PTC Webworks